Pineapple Upside Down Cake
½ cup brown sugar
1 stick butter
1 can pineapple rings
1 can maraschino cherries
1 yellow cake mix
1 cup liquid (from fruit)
- In the skillet melt butter at medium heat with Nutri-Tone cover on.
- Stir in brown sugar until melted.
- Arrange pineapples and maraschino cherries on top of brown sugar mixture.
- Reserve juices from fruit for the cake mix. Place on cover and heat on medium to low while mixing cake ingredients.
- Combine juices from pineapple and cherries and add enough water to make 1 cup of liquid.
- Mix together cake mix, 3 eggs, and liquid. Add cake mixture to the hot unit and cover.
- Keep heat at medium to low for 5 minutes then reduce heat to low for 15 additional minutes.
- Remove from heat and leave on Nutri-Tone cover for 5 minutes. Remove Nutri-Tone cover
- For best results do not lift Nutri-Tone cover during baking process.