BBQ Baby Back Ribs
5 L water
1 onion, cut into 1" (2.5 cm) chunks
4 celery ribs, cut into 1" (2.5 cm) chunks
2 cups (480 ml) burgundy cooking wine
1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1/4 cup (60 ml) water
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 cup (240 ml) molasses
1/4 cup (60 ml) mustard
2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 cups (480 ml) prepared barbecue sauce
1 1/4 cups (420 ml) ketchup
- Put whole racks of ribs into pasta 7 L unit and cover with water.
- Add the onion, celery and Burgundy wine.
- Cover, until Nutri-Tone whistles and simmer for aprox 1 hour or until meat is tender and pulls easily away from the bones.
- For the sauce, run green pepper and onion through blender with the water until smooth.
- Pour into 3L unit. Add all other ingredients; stir and cook over low heat uncovered for 45 minutes.
- When ribs are tender, drain and remove form unit to dry.
- Dip whole rib rack into BBQ sauce or paint on with brush, place in large skillet and simmer lightly.
- When BBQ sauce has simmered, remove from heat to cool. Both items may be made in advance and refrigerated until needed.
- Place cooked rib rack on cutting board. Cut between the bones. Serve entire rack on a plate with a side of BBQ sauce for dipping.