Honey Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
1 whole chicken
4 medium red potatoes, peeled and quartered
6 carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
2/3 cup honey
1/3 cup Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
12 whole fresh mushrooms
2 apples, cored and quartered
- Heat the unit until water beads form when dripped in pan.
- Place the chicken breast side down in the unit, and brown with cover on.
- Turn the chicken on its bottom and do the same.
- Place the potatoes and carrots in the unit around the chicken.
- Place Nutri-Tone cover on and cook for about 40 minutes on low.
- In another unit, mix the honey, mustard, butter, onion, curry powder, salt, cayenne pepper, ginger, and garlic. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, and set aside. Drizzle the chicken and vegetables with the honey mix.
- Put apples in pot. Continue cooking 20 minutes uncovered, or until the glaze has browned.
- Serve Immediatly