0.45kg ground beef
1 can corn, drained
1 can tomato sauce (no salt)
1 can olives, sliced
1 cup picante sauce
1 tbs. chilli powder
1 1/2 tablespoos Cumin
960g low-fat cottage cheese
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1 tablespoon Oregano
1 tablespoon garlic powder
12 small tortillas, (fajita size)
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- If using beef, brown in skillet and drain off fat.
- Add corn, tomato sauce, 1/2-cup picante sauce, olives, chilli powder and cumin.
- If using meat substitute simply add it to pan followed by corn, tomato sauce, 1/2-cup picante sauce, olives, chilli powder and cumin. (No need to brown and drain fat).
- Simmer, stirring frequently, 5 minutes.
- In a bowl combine cottage cheese or mashed tofu, eggs, (if using), Parmesan, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Remove meat mixture from skillet. Place 1/2 cup picante sauce on bottom of skillet. Arrange 4 tortillas, overlapping as necessary. Top with meat mixture. Spread cottage cheese or tofu mixture on next. Arrange another layer of tortillas, repeat layers 3 times. End with meat mixture. Top with cheese. Cook in electric skillet 25-30 minutes, 300 degrees with lid on and Nutri-Tone closed.