Rotini With Pesto and Pine Nuts
360g Pasta (Rotini, Penne, Spirals)
2 tablespoons. Olive Oil
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (packed in olive oil
1/2 cup chopped basil
3 tablespoons. garlic, minced (for garlic lovers-use less if
you are not)
3 tbs. Parmesan cheese
1/8 tablespoon. crushed red pepper (to crush finely place in
1/8 cup pine nuts
1 tablespoon. Salt
- Pour pasta into unit.
- Cover pasta with water 2-3 cm over pasta level.
- Put on medium-low heat with Nutri-Tone open until whistle.
- After whistle allow pasta continue to cook with no power with retained heat.
- Drain pasta. Rinse and toss them gently with cold water to avoid sticking, set aside in another bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil at medium to low heat in separate unit for 1 minute.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, basil, garlic, parmesan, red pepper and pine nuts, keeping burner temperature just below medium. You may add a little water if mixture gets to dry. While constantly stirring, sauce for approximately 3 minutes.
- Cover pasta in sauce and serve hot.